Shanghai Owlsame Technology Co. Ltd.
Effective Date: November 11, 2017
Last Updated: January 25, 2018
Most of the websites operated by Owlsame Technology are websites intended for grown-ups (parents, educators, developers, etc.) to learn about and/or purchase our products and services. These websites (which we refer to as our “General-Audience Sites”) include, but are not limited to, our main website at www.owlsame.com, our e-commerce site at store.owlsame.com. We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information (defined below) from children under the age of 13 (“Children Users”) on these General Audience Sites. The Owlsame Technology robots (alilo explorer, etc.), corresponding mobile applications (together, our “Child-Focused Products”) are generally intended to be used and enjoyed by children, students, and teenagers of all ages. For this reason, we employ special measures when collecting or processing information through our Child-Focused Products and generally avoid or limit the collection of Personal Information through these products. For more details on our practices related to children, please see the section on Children’s Privacy below.
- “ 应用程序”是指任何 树同科技软件应用程序，包括但不限于，树同科技Android 和/或 iPad 和/或 iPhone 软件应用程序。
- “ 浏览信息”是指关于您使用本服务或您的计算机（或其他访问设备，如 iPad 或智能手机）与服务互动的信息。浏览信息还包括下面“自动收集的信息”部分描述的某些信息。这些信息与设备标识符相关联，例如计算机或设备的互联网协议 (IP) 地址。您的树同科技机器人包括产品标识符，您的机器人通过应用程序向我们传输信息，我们用这些信息来提供服务、协助您排除故障并改善我们的产品、服务、网站和应用程序。一般而言，树同科技不使用浏览信息来识别您的身份，但是，此类信息可以与个人信息配对，或与其他信息一起用来识别您的身份。此外，第三方（例如分析公司和广告服务提供商）可以访问、收集、存储和使用浏览信息，他们可能用这些信息来识别您的身份。
- “Personal Information” means information that directly identifies you, or that can directly identify you, such as your full name, physical address (home, mailing, shipping, and/or billing address), e-mail address, phone number, and/or credit card information. In the case of Children Users, Personal Information may also include the child’s precise geo-location, school name/address, a photo, video, or audio file that contains the child’s image or voice, and/or a persistent identifier (such as an IP Address or device ID) when such information is not used for internal support purposes.
- “ 产品使用信息”是指与使用我们的一个产品相关的信息（例如机器人的名字、编程的活动或类似信息）。产品使用信息与您的机器人产品标识号相关联。
- “User Content” means any content that you personally create or produce and upload to our Service, such as a comment, message, photo, video, voice recording, artwork, software code or program, or other similar content. User Content may (in some cases) contain Personal Information if Personal Information is provided within the User Content.
- “Website” or “Site” means any websites, web pages, and any subpages (including mobile websites, web pages and subpages) under Owlsame Technology’s control, whether partial or otherwise. This includes but is not necessarily limited to the General Audience Websites listed above, the www.owlsame.com website, and any subpages of these websites.
We may collect Personal Information from you, such as first and last name, phone number, email address, physical address, school information, and/or credit card information, when you: (i) register for an account on our Service, (ii) sign up for our newsletter, (iii) make a purchase or order on our General Audience Sites, (iv) include Personal Information in User Content that you upload to our Service, or (v) set up or enable certain features for your child/student on our Child-Directed Products. Other profile information you may affirmatively provide to us about you or a child or student (such as birthdate, age, gender, username, password, etc.) may be collected and maintained together with your Personal Information. You can choose not to provide any information that is requested of you by us. However, this may limit your ability to use or access the Service.
Additionally, if a friend refers you to us by providing us with your e-mail address, we may send you a message. However, we use your e-mail address only to send the friend’s message unless you otherwise affirmatively provide information to us.
In addition to collecting information on the Service, we may collect information from you when you communicate with us over the phone, including via text messages or via e-mail. This information may include Personal Information. This information may be matched with, and stored in connection with Personal Information provided or collected in connection with your registration for or use of the Service.
We also may now or in the future receive Personal Information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our Service or Site through a third-party connection or log-in, including social networking services such as Facebook where you have a registered account, that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Owlsame Technology. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account, an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Owlsame Technology Service or Site.
Please note that then third party functionalities described above are not made available to Children Users. For more details on our data collection practices for Children Users, please see the section on Children’s Privacy below.
We may use certain third party services including, but not limited to, Google Analytics, to help us and our corporate affiliates understand your use of the Service. These services collect information about your use of and the performance of the App, the Site, and/or Owlsame Technology’s robots and also collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including cookies and your IP address.
- 用于向您发送促销信息和/或通知，以及用于 树同科技或其附属公司或合作伙伴的其他营销目的。
Personal Information: Owlsame Technology will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others, or share it with independent third parties for their separate marketing-related purposes. To operate the Service, however, we may share your Personal Information with our agents, representatives and contractors so they can provide us with support services and other features and fulfill your orders. We require these third parties not to use your Personal Information for any other purpose. We may store Personal Information in locations outside the direct control of Owlsame Technology (for instance, on servers or databases co-located with hosting providers).
Browsing Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third parties to help them understand the usage patterns for our Service. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
Owlsame Technology offers parents, teachers, and other adults the choice of receiving different types of communication and information related to our company, products and services. You may subscribe to e-newsletters or other publications or you may also elect to receive marketing communications and other special offers from us via email. To help us understand whether we are providing information of interest to you, we may include software code or other tracking technologies in our emails to monitor whether you opened a particular email, whether you have clicked on the images and/or links in the email, the date and time the message was opened, and whether your computer is capable of receiving HTML-based email. We endeavor to allow you to unsubscribe at any time from our email programs by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email message. You may also access and manage your preferences from your account, when available, or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. We reserve the right to send you service announcements or similar administrative messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
We care about children’s privacy and are committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). To learn more about COPPA, please consult this simple one-page informational guide from the kidSAFE Seal Program: http://www.kidsafeseal.com/knowaboutcoppa.html.
Please note that while the Child-Focused Products we offer are aimed to be usable by children, students, and young teenagers, only parents, legal guardians, or other adults are allowed to make purchases on our General Audience Sites or within our Child-Focused Products.
To set up your Owlsame Technology robot, a parent or guardian should download the corresponding App and assist with account creation (if applicable). As part of account creation, we may ask a parent/guardian to provide an email address, account password, and limited profile information (username, birthdate, gender, etc.) about the child using the robot. This information is used to customize the robot experience for the child and to keep the parent informed of the child’s activities.
In compliance with COPPA, the parent email address may be used to notify and obtain verifiable consent from a parent before activating a Owlsame Technology account or enabling certain data collecting features for their child (such as chat messaging between the child and robot). The parent account information may also be used for account management purposes (e.g., profile updates, password reset, login for another Owlsame Technology Website, etc.) and to communicate with the parent about new products, features, newsletters, and special promotions and events. Product Use Information is used only to support our internal operations.
In some instances, Owlsame Technology may collect a limited amount of personal information from a parent or child (such as an email address) and use such information for a one-time event or communication (e.g., one-time contest, share your code submission, etc.) or for multiple ongoing communications to a child (e.g., email alerts, push notifications). For these types of activities, Owlsame Technology may rely on exceptions to the parental consent requirement under COPPA or follow other procedures to ensure compliance (e.g., removal of personal information prior to collection or immediately after use, parental notification with opt-out mechanism, local storage of the information with no uploading to the web, etc.).
Owlsame Technology does not currently offer any features on our Child-Directed Products that would allow Children Users to publicly post or share Personal Information with other users via the web. Some features on our Child-Directed Products may allow the storage of information (including Personal Information) locally on our App or robot device, without the uploading of such information to the web or Owlsame Technology servers. Parents are still advised to remove any such information from their robot device, should they choose to sell, donate, or gift their device to someone else.
On our Child-Directed Products, we may collect and process Product Use Information and Browsing Information from Children Users, but only for purposes of supporting our internal operations, such as to help us:
- Maintain or analyze the functioning of our Child-Directed Products;
- Perform network communications;
- Authenticate users of, or personalize the content on, our Child-Directed Products On our Child-Directed Products, we do not use Product Use Information or Browsing Information for behavioral or re-targeted advertising purposes or to allow third parties to track the activity of Children Users for such purposes. With proper authentication, a parent or legal guardian always has the right to review the Personal Information we may have collected and stored about their child, request deletion of such Personal Information, or refuse to allow further collection or use of such information by Owlsame Technology. Please keep in mind that a request to delete such information may limit the child’s access to all or a portion of the Service. If you believe that a child under 13 might have provided us with Personal Information without your permission, or if you wish to view, request deletion of, or prohibit further collection or information of information about your child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We urge parents to monitor their children’s use of all digital media.
If we make a material change in the way we handle previously collected Personal Information of our users, we will notify you more prominently and obtain your prior consent or the prior consent of a parent or legal guardian, as applicable and legally required.
上海树同信息科技有限公司 中国 上海浦东新区张衡路666弄2号315室 +86-021-60927627
Shanghai Owlsame Technology Co. Ltd.